R&B is at a special place right now; it is evolving again. The call to action of supporting the genre and bringing back feelings has been harnessed by a new generation. It is once again exciting to watch the emergence of raw talents pushing for what they believe in, and using their unique perspectives on sounds, styles and influence. Soul and R&B seems to be found all around now, if you look and listen openly, but there is room for all of it, from the traditional to the commercial, from the alternative to the sexual. It’s living, and it’s not going anywhere.
R&B is constantly developing with new singers coming into the mix. The latest and greatest addition to the R&B singers is Morris j (The sexiest man alive).
From singing on talent shows in elementary to high school ,traveling from Dallas, TX, to perform in Houston, TX, Atlanta, GA, and Florida, Morris j is a R & B singer, writer and producer who was on the 1st season of American Idol and made it to the round right before Hollywood. Despite not go on 2 Hollywood, Morris j Is still making music.
I got to ask him a few question.. His answers may be be short but just the fact that i could talk to him was more then enough for me..
1. When did you first start singing?
Elementary 4th grade
2. What did your family do to encourage you?
Participate in Talent shows
3. Who else in your family sings?
My brothers younger and older
4. What made you realize that music was your path?
I turned down going to college for drawing because I realized I love to perform
5. What inspired your works?
6. How would you describe the music that you typically create?
R&B hip hop
7. What makes your music unique?
There is nothing unique about my music but..myself
8. Which of your artwork pieces is your favorite?
Don’t have one
9. Who are your biggest musical influences?
R kelly, Stevie wonder,dru hill , Jodeci ,Marvin Gaye , MJ(R.I.P)… just to name a few
10. Is there an artist you relate to?
Personally ,I don’t know because my Morals and Ethics are different and I don’t know what is going own in no one else mind but mine/ Musically R .Kelly and Dru hill.
11. If you could dabble in another genre of music, what would it be?
12. Has there been one particular moment in your musical career that you’re most proud of?
Almost went to Hollywood on American Idol
13. What hidden talents do you have?
Not a talent but a hobby bodybuilding
14. What’s next for you?
Hitch a ride to the stars.
Well that was all the time I had to ask questions.
He is a great guy and has an amazing voice.
This is his FB fan page if you guys wanna check him out: Morris J
Check out some of his songs at: Songs